Saturday, October 8, 2011

Scarecrow for Hire!


We had a lot of fun this week reading stories about Scarecrows, writing letters to the farmer, and creating our Scarecrows and crows.  The students had to come up with a plan to help the farmer get rid of his pesky crows that keep eating his crops.  Some students took it one step further and wrote back to the Scarecrows form the farmers point of view telling them why he hired them.

  

We built schema and brainstormed our ideas on this tree map.
















7 comments:

  1. I love this idea! It looks like the students were very inspired in their writings! Which stories did you read?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you idea, very cute! I can't wait to use it in my classroom. Check out my blog at:
    http://buggyforsecondgrade.blogspot.com/

    Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have your templates for the scarecrows? They are SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting… I'm sorry but I found the scarecrows on another site (and I am embarrassed to say - that I can't remember where…)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable! I was wondering how to legitimately (academically) incorporate these into my lessons this week. The letter writing is a perfect tie-in to our upcoming writing focus! Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello. I would LOVE to use this with my 2nd graders this fall. Could you please upload a link for the pumpkin booklet? This is great!

    Thanks :)
    -Monica

    ReplyDelete