Thursday, January 2, 2014

Starting Off With Journey's

Wow has this school year been very, very busy!!!!!  Our district adopted new Reading and Math series so it has taken a lot of my time planning and getting familiar with the new material.

Here are a few activities from the beginning of the Second Grade Journey's Text:

Henry and Mudge Sequence and Craftivity:
We had so much fun making these and sequencing the events from the story.





Many of the stories in the first unit were about pets or taking care of pets.  So I created this little research/ extended learning project for my students.  We completed this over a few days and it gave me time to squeeze in the end of the unit assessments.











Check back… I will be loading even more Journey's extended learning projects:)

Patterns and activities to upload to my Teacher's Notebook Store Soon (Sometime in early January)!

4 comments:

  1. I just started following your blog on Google and found you on 2nd Grade Squad. When I came across your blog, I knew I had to follow it! I'm a second grade teacher, too, and you have some great ideas that I'd love to implement in my classroom! Looking forward to reading more!

    Elizabeth
    Seconds at the Beach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for following me! I visited your blog and just LOVE it!!!

      Delete
  2. I am piloting Journeys for our second grade team and I have to say that I am loving it! The stories are so interesting and the kids are learning so much! Can't wait to see what you do with it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in! I have enjoyed the Journey's stories as well… Do you have a blog??? I'd love to see what you do in your classroom.

      Delete